As you would expect we have been monitoring the weather conditions in the run-up to this weekends South Coast Regatta at Swanage and unfortunately there is some cause for concern. Whilst the weather in general will be fine conditions for rowing look less comfortable in particular on the Sunday when we will have small boats and Juniors on the water.
We will continue to monitor the forecast and conditions over the next two days and any decision regarding cancellation and switching the Championship races on to the alternative course in Poole Harbour will be confirmed as soon as practical following the meeting of the South Coast Council at 4.00pm on Friday, 12th September.
If the decision is taken to switch to the alternative course this will be for the Championship Events only as per the published and agreed race protocol. Information on the alternative course is available on the Web site – go towww.hdara.co.uk/scc - and click on the Venue/Course Tab. Safety information for the alternative course is available under the safety tab. An information pack of the alternative course will be distributed if necessary.
2014 Organising Committee.